Como Alumni and Community Inc. (CACI) rewards graduating high school seniors annually that are connected to the Como community every year. Applications are competitively reviewed and must be received by June 1st (under normal circumstances) by sending via mail with prior deadline post mark. firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer (abnormal circumstances): Because of Covid, this and last year’s graduating seniors will be rewarded through the churches in the community. A gift will be rewarded to each church reported high school senior graduate.
Current Scholarship Committee: President: Anneice McWhorter-Hicks; Pat Walker-Durst, Lillie Hollman-Williams and Larry Crockett
Eligibility and Guidelines
- The Beta Tau Lambda Charitable Foundation will award a scholarship – in the amount of $1000.00 – to male African-American high school seniors who have committed to attend an accredited 4-year college or university in the same year. Scholarship will be awarded based on the criteria listed below, and are disbursed to the student’s account at the institution upon verification of his enrollment.
Must meet the following Selection Criteria:
- Be a graduating high school senior in Tarrant County
- Have high academic achievement (GPA: 3.0 or higher)
- Participate in extra-curricular activities
- Demonstrate leadership
- Participate in civic/community activities
- Answer all questions on the application form
- Attach essay describing goals, accomplishments
- Attach an official transcript of grades and academic standing
- Provide one recommendation letter from a teacher, advisor, counselor or other professional who will provide reference.
Full-Time Enrollment Required:
- This scholarship is not a renewable scholarship by the Beta Tau Lambda Charitable Foundation
- The Student is required to be enrolled full-time to receive our scholarship
- Our organization request an acknowledgment of the student enrollment in the college/university before the check is disbursed
All students who submit an application will be informed of their selection or non-selection by June 10th. A certificate of the Scholarship award will be presented to selected students at the Dr. Marion Brooks Living Legends Awards Gala on Friday, June 18th, 2021. Parents or guardians are invited to accompany them. Scholarship recipient must be present.