In 1982, the City Council of Fort Worth approved a revised Citywide Citizen Participation Plan which delineated the mechanisms and procedures for the conduct of continuing citizen participation in all aspects of the use of Community Development Block Grant Funds and other federal, state, and local funds. The City of Fort Worth has formally involved citizens in community issues, however, there were requirements for involving citizens in the decision-making process. In response to those requirements, the Neighborhood Advisory Councils (NAC) were established.
NAC POSTAL ADDRESS – LAKE COMO NAC, PO BOX 100432, FORT WORTH TX 76185
NAC EMAIL ADDRESS – firstname.lastname@example.org
NAC PHONE CONTACT – 817-409-4665
The first Chair for the Como NAC was Mrs. Wilma Philpot (1978 – 1989)
Responsibilities of the NAC are to:
- Ensure that the community is represented by a broad section of citizens
- Review program plans, identify problems and needs of the community
- Work with City staff to propose programs
- Make recommendations to the CDC via Community Affair specialists
- Develop Special Emphasis Area (SEA) strategies and
- Participate in the monitoring and assessment of programs and services
The community is blessed with the participation of its many dedicated citizens who seek to improve the community. All citizens are invited to the Como NAC monthly meetings on the 1st Thursday at 7:00 p.m. at the Como Multi-purpose Center, 4900 Horne Street. The NAC proudly salutes and pays tribute to the citizens of Lake Como for making our community a wonderful place to live.
Also, a great congratulation goes out to the Lake Como Planning Committee for our 100 Year Celebration held at the Ridglea Country Club.
Other great Leaders (Chair) were:
- Viola Pitts (1990 – 2000)
- Leroy Baldwin (2000 – 2006)
- Dorothy DeBose (2006 – 2012)
- William Powell (2012 – 2016)
- Ella Burton (2016 – Current)