Lake Como Community Center

The Lake Como Community Center was officially opened on June 28, 1948.

Headed by W. H. Wilburn, the Community Center provided supervised recreation for young people– clubs for boys and girls, a health clinic and library. Community Center Services included free employment services, a nursery and kindergarten, a boy’s workshop and playground.

1948- The “ORIGINAL” Lake Como Community Center was officially opened. Located at 5201 Wellesley.
1972 – Como Community Center opens and is the first multi-purpose center built in Fort Worth.
2018- Breaking ground on the “NEW” Como Community Center 10:30 a.m. Oct. 29 at Chamberlin Field.
2019- The new Como Community Center, 4660 Horne St., celebrated its grand opening at 10 a.m. Feb. 15.
2019- “NEW” Como Community Center opened @ 4660 Horne Street.